Skip to content
Hi All! This is just a quick list off my CV. I’ll be making this nicer as soon as I can. ❤ ryka
- Why Dust Shall Never Settle Upon This Soul, Biyuti Press, Spring 2015. ((2016 Lambda Award Finalist, Transgender Poetry)
- He Mele A Hilo, Topside Signature Press, forthcoming, April 2014
- Seasonal Velocities: Poems, Stories, Essays, Trans-Genre Press, March 2012. (2013 Lambda Award Finalist, Transgender Nonfiction)
- Sometimes Too Hot the Eye of Heaven Shines, Winner, Eli Coppola Prize, Radar Publications/Inconvenient Press 2010.
- What’s Not to Love?, 2008
- A Sardine Christmas, 2007
- When Chocolate Tastes Like Someone Else’s Dream, 2005
- Of the Cross, 2004
- Never Throw Anything in the Fishpond, 2003
- What Happen When the Screen Door Breaks, 2002
- “The Gift” in Meanwhile, Elsewhere forthcoming, Topside Press, 2017.
- “Of Flash, Queer, and the Myths of a Cave, ”State of Flash, Nano Fiction, Summer 2016
- “Why I Write” Publisher’s Weekly, 2015
- “Falafel” No More Potlucks <http://nomorepotlucks.org/site/falafel-ryka-aoki/> March 2015
- “Sakura, Ayame, and a Cotton Judogi” Untangling the Knot, Carter Sickels, Ed. Ooligan Press, Feb 2015 (2016 Winner Golden Crown Literary Award for Anthology/Collections–Creative Non-Fiction)
- “The Mark of a Good Day” Everyday Genius <www.everydaygenius.com>, Feb 20, 2014
- “To the New World” The Collection, Topside Press, September
- 2012. (2013 Lambda Award Finalist, Transgender Fiction)
- “When Something is Not Right,” Transfeminist Perspectives in and Beyond Transgender and Gender Studies, Temple University Press, Spring 2012. (2013 Lambda Award Finalist, Transgender Nonfiction)
- “On Living Well and Coming Free” Gender Outlaws—the Next Generation, Seal Press, August 2010.
- “Home Now” American Eyes, New Asian American Short Stories for Young Adults Lori Carlson, ed. , Henry Holt, New York, NY 1995. (American Library Association Award Winner)